Happy to be Scrappy

Happy to be Scrappy

Tuesday, April 1, 2014

It was a busy weekend. And lucky for me I was able to extend it by one day.  On Saturday Jennifer and I had one of our sewing days in Perry.  This time I just wanted to take my current project and the orange quilt so I would have it in case I wanted to work on a back for it.

That still ended up being these four totes, the bag, my sewing machine and various other items.  And no, I did not work on the back for the orange quilt. But I did get some more of the six" stars done in the alternate color pattern.
I spent Monday (my vacation day) finishing up the remainder of the 6" stars and the 12" stars shown on the right side.  So all that is left to make are 18 of the snails trail blocks.  And then I can start putting it together.

Jennifer wanted me to make cinnamon rolls to take along.  So Friday night I made the batch without pecans and Saturday morning I made the second batch with pecans.  They were good.  But I don't know that they were good enough to stress over getting them made before 9:00 in the morning. 

I had two great days of non-stop sewing.  And a long day of work in between.  So, all-in-all it was a great weekend.

Julie


No comments: