Happy to be Scrappy

Happy to be Scrappy

Wednesday, April 16, 2014

I have had a very busy but non-productive day.  I really dislike days like this.  One of those days where I am just spinning my wheels trying to get something done.  Every time I think I'm finally getting somewhere it magically gets another step further away.  So ENOUGH!  I'm going to take a few minutes to write this post and then see if the clock says 5:00 yet.

All of the blocks for my Shakespeare in the Park are complete.  Yahoo, that to me means I can take a side step and work on something else.

Saturday I just couldn't wait and I started on the basket block that Lori Holt designed.  She will be doing a sew-a-long starting pretty soon but why wait for that.  Her basket was designed to look like a sewing basket with yarn in it.  But with Easter coming up I saw it as a basket of eggs.

This is the first basket I made.

And here is basket number two.





And here is where I sashed and sewed them together.

And now I am stumped.  I wish someone would tell me what to do with them.  Apart they measure around 11 x 15?  Together with the 1" sashing that makes them about 15 x 23?  I can't remember exactly.  My thought was that I would put a narrow round of white around them and a narrow green border then another white border??????????  They are too small on their own for anything.  I don't want them exactly like everyone else's that does the sew-a-long so I'm not planning to put the (x) blocks around them.  I'm just at a stand still until I make a decision.  I'm actually leaning toward MAYBE doing some applique on the basket.  It seems a bit large to me.  But that may be too busy???  I do think they turned out great with all the polka dot eggs.  But now what?  Guess I should have waited for the sew-a-long.  To find out about that you can visit Lori Holt's blog Bee in My Bonnet .
She has great patterns, books and fabric.

Enough procrastinating.  I still have 15 minutes to get some work done.

Julie

No comments: