Happy to be Scrappy

Happy to be Scrappy

Friday, March 28, 2014

Baptist Fan Quilting

As of this moment I don't even know why I'm trying to post on my blog.  For some reason all of my photos have disappeared.  Wonder what's up with that.  Hopefully, this little problem will go away on its own.  And that later I'll read this post and wonder what I was talking about.  Hopefully.

Anyway,  here is my finished Heart Quilt.  I love the way it turned out, especially the Baptist Fan quilting.  This was my practice piece for making a template, drawing the fans, then quilting them.  Whoo hoo it turned out okay.

Mini Heart Quilt with Baptist Fan Quilting


So far, so good. I can see the picture right now. Wonder if it will post to the blog?  

Back of quilt.

Close up.
In the close up it is apparent what the problem is with this little quilt.  The reds bled! Darn it!  I am so terribly disappointed.  I always pre-wash all of my fabrics before they go into my sewing room.  So I was pretty confident that they would be okay.  Nope, not to be.  And it wasn't just one of them either.  So when someone tells you that these new "quilt shop" fabrics are better than ever - be skeptical.  Because yes, it was some of the quilt shop fabric that did this dirty deed.  Oh, well.  My last post on this was that the border was wonky so I was going to use it as a practice piece.  It certainly worked well for that.  Now I'm confident that I can do the Baptist Fan quilting on something else.

I'll share again that the quilt pattern came from the Temecula Quilt Company and I found the terrific Baptist Fan tutorial here at Victoria Findlay Wolfe's blog.  Her tutorial is great.

Happy sewing,

Julie

Of course, the lack of pictures was my fault. Yesterday I had changed my settings in Picasa Web Album and it blocked everyone from seeing my pictures.  Fixed it.

1 comment:

Norma said...

Use spray and wash on your quilts before you wash them to stop the bleeding. I try to remember to do it on any color, just in case.