Happy to be Scrappy

Happy to be Scrappy

Friday, April 25, 2014

An Easter Finish

Here is my Easter quilt project all finished.  Too bad it was a few days after Easter.  That's okay there will be other Easter's.
I decided to just add a narrow border of the green polka dot and then bind it in the same.  I really like how it turned out.  The only thing about not knowing how I was going to finish it was that I would have put the green "egg" in a different place and not have it so close to the corner of the border.  I know I put it where it is so it wouldn't be lined up with the green egg in the basket.
There was just enough of this candy looking fabric to back it with.  The rest will make it's way into a scrap quilt no doubt.
Here is a close up of the cross hatch stitching on one of the baskets.  I may go back in and do it on the bases.  And, then again, maybe not.  It does show up better in the pictures on the purple than on the blue basket.  The rest of the quilting is just stitch in the ditch.  If the plan was to use this for anything but a table topper or doll blanket I think it would need to have some meandering in the white areas too.
My intent was to get two of these rabbits made for the girls.  Sadly,  only got the one got finished.  So maybe that will be something for next year.  There is no pattern for this wonky rabbit.  I just drew it on a paper bag.  Trust me, those are some skinny legs to try to put stuffing into.  And yes, those legs are off center.  It's supposed to be wonky after all.

I'll give credit again to Lori Holt of Bee In My Bonnet .  She has come up with some incredible patterns.  Even if I do feel the need to change them all.  :)

Happy sewing,

Julie





1 comment:

Podunk Pretties said...

Cute! I'm the same way, can't make a pattern exactly as written.