Happy to be Scrappy

Happy to be Scrappy

Thursday, March 27, 2014

Thank Goodness I'm A Morning Person

Thank goodness I'm a morning person.  The older I get the earlier I wake up.  I've heard that comes with age.  This getting old is for the birds.  This morning it was 4:15.  That gave me an extra hour and 45 minutes to do something.  So of course I sewed.


I finished up the 12" star in a star blocks with the neutral centers.
 

There was also some more cutting done.  I have the different sizes for the snails trail blocks pinned to my design wall.  It's more of a clutter wall then anything else.  I can see at least three things in the picture above that have absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with this quilt. And I'm not really sure that cutting at 4:15 in the morning is something I should be doing.

This picture is actually my sewing table.  And yes all of those stacks stay right where they are when I'm sewing and cutting.  Every once in a while I'll drag a few pieces off a stack and then have to figure out which one they came from.  There are 2", 3", 3 1/2", 3 7/8" and 3 1/2 x 6 1/2".  Oh, and that is times two for the neutral and blues.  This quilt has a lot of different sizes.  So when I cut something I start with the largest size which is 6 7/8 and work my way down and just add to each stack.  It is controlled chaos :)

Well the clock has struck 8:00 and then some so it's time to start my workday.

Happy sewing,

Julie



No comments: