Happy to be Scrappy

Happy to be Scrappy

Monday, September 24, 2012

On The Wall Today

I must be in a resting mood after finishing the bow tie quilt because I don't seem to be getting much done. 

The only thing on the wall today are some 4" blocks that I am working up that will be put into a larger project.  Here are what I have done so far. 



These are for a project that I am trying to design.  And since I seem to design as I go, it is yet to be seen if these will actually work into the end result.  If you click on the picture and see it in a larger size it might help emphasize the 4" size.  I thought the bow ties were appropriate after just making hundreds of them for my queen size quilt.  Of course, the bow ties made for my quilt were each 3".  Not four to a 4" block.   The flying geese are from bonus triangles that were leftover when I made a couple of snowball pattern pillow shams a few years ago.  Those bonus triangles sure have been coming in handy lately.

Have a great day.  And be sure to check out all the great design walls at Patchwork Times .

Julie
 

2 comments:

Vicki H. said...

gorgeous and you will have a winner here. I love the tiny blocks !

Mary said...

I thought they looked like Farmer's wife Blocks. 4" - you're crazy! I made the 3" bow ties too. I'll have to check out your finished Bow tie Quilt.