Happy to be Scrappy

Happy to be Scrappy

Thursday, September 13, 2012

Bow Tie Quilt Finish


This has been the view from my recliner for the last two days.  I don't know about everyone else, but when I finish a quilt I want to look at it.  There is always such a huge relief and sense of accomplishment and pride.  And as always I think this one may be my favorite.  No, really.


Here is a view of it laid out on the living room floor.  It measures 87" x 87".
The inner border is made from scrappy strips of purple and it is bound in one purple fabric.  This is the leader/ender project I have been working toward for several months. I made it my main project in July.


This is the way it will look on my bed.  Yes, this one is for me.  I named it "Fired Up".  Those that know me may get the hint that will always be there for me in that name.


Here is a view of the back.  The two fabrics are the same pattern.  They just are a light and dark version of it.  When it became popular to make a scrappy back I was thrilled to join the band wagon.  Buying a large quantity of backing fabric is always a huge expense.  But being able to "make do" is so much better.


This is a view of one of the corners.  It gives a view of my "mitered" corners and also of the scrappy inner purple border.

One big finish for 2012.  More to come.

Happy Sewing,

Julie



 

4 comments:

Vicki W said...

I love this quilt!

Kristie said...

My goodness, that is beautiful! This makes me want to head back upstairs and keep cutting! I've been cutting more bow ties this evening for my leader/ender project. I only have 100 pieced and 100 more cut. How many bow ties are in your quilt? What size did you make them? Mine are 3" finished, I think. :)

Have a wonderful and Blessed day
Kristie

Becky said...

Love it! Such a wonderful setting and borders! It looks great on your bed - and on your sofa. When I finish one I hang it up in the entry for a picture, them leave it there a few days or more just so I can admire it,too.

Quilter Kathy said...

This quilt is amazing...love it! Congrats on a great finish...and it's a large quilt too! Will be a great quilt to sleep under!