Happy to be Scrappy

Happy to be Scrappy

Thursday, September 13, 2012

Bow Tie Quilt Finish


This has been the view from my recliner for the last two days.  I don't know about everyone else, but when I finish a quilt I want to look at it.  There is always such a huge relief and sense of accomplishment and pride.  And as always I think this one may be my favorite.  No, really.


Here is a view of it laid out on the living room floor.  It measures 87" x 87".
The inner border is made from scrappy strips of purple and it is bound in one purple fabric.  This is the leader/ender project I have been working toward for several months. I made it my main project in July.


This is the way it will look on my bed.  Yes, this one is for me.  I named it "Fired Up".  Those that know me may get the hint that will always be there for me in that name.


Here is a view of the back.  The two fabrics are the same pattern.  They just are a light and dark version of it.  When it became popular to make a scrappy back I was thrilled to join the band wagon.  Buying a large quantity of backing fabric is always a huge expense.  But being able to "make do" is so much better.


This is a view of one of the corners.  It gives a view of my "mitered" corners and also of the scrappy inner purple border.

One big finish for 2012.  More to come.

Happy Sewing,

Julie



 

3 comments:

Kristie said...

My goodness, that is beautiful! This makes me want to head back upstairs and keep cutting! I've been cutting more bow ties this evening for my leader/ender project. I only have 100 pieced and 100 more cut. How many bow ties are in your quilt? What size did you make them? Mine are 3" finished, I think. :)

Have a wonderful and Blessed day
Kristie

Becky said...

Love it! Such a wonderful setting and borders! It looks great on your bed - and on your sofa. When I finish one I hang it up in the entry for a picture, them leave it there a few days or more just so I can admire it,too.

Quilter Kathy said...

This quilt is amazing...love it! Congrats on a great finish...and it's a large quilt too! Will be a great quilt to sleep under!