Happy to be Scrappy

Happy to be Scrappy

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Current Blocks

Well, I have been getting a lot of sewing done.  I just haven't been posting about it.  Shame on me.  I've taken a few pictures along the way.  The intent is there.  The follow through is not.  Not right now at least.

The bow tie quilt is done.  Nope no picture right now.  Alas the camera battery is dead.  So once it recharges I'll get a picture or two taken and I WILL do a post on the latest finish.

I will say that when you're quilting you might not want to leave the bowl of pins too close to the edge of the table.


This is what happens when it gets pushed off.  This is nothing.  There were at least two hundred pins in there and they went every where.  I had moved the dining room table into the living room (so I could watch TV while quilting) and the bowl fell right at the edge of the two rooms.  They didn't spread far on the carpet but they exploded into the dining room. 


Lucky for me.  Jennifer had given me this nifty extending magnet.  It worked like a charm.  I just swept it under the hutch and I think it picked up all the stray pins under there.  If you don't own one of these I highly recommend you get one.  I am still walking around barefoot on the carpet. Hoping that if there is still one little pin there that I get it stuck in my foot and not in Grace's foot.


These are the current blocks for the Barrister's Block sew along.  I must have been having a red day.  I'm caught up again and she won't post anymore until next Wednesday. All of the 1" half square triangles are from other quilts. They are all bonus triangles.  The ones in the top block are from a quilt I made six years ago.  The lesson is to never throw anything out.


While I was making those three blocks I was also able to make seven more of my nine patch leader/ender blocks. 

Now I'm off here and going to make the b.o.m. I need this Saturday for Holton.

Happy Sewing,

Julie




 

No comments: