Happy to be Scrappy

Happy to be Scrappy

Wednesday, December 31, 2014

It's New Year's eve. I've been sitting here thinking about all of the things I didn't get done in 2014 and some of the things I would like to do in 2015.  For some reason it's always easier for me to see what I haven't finished then the things I did finish.

Some of the quilt projects I've started and would like to get done are:

Jesse's Orange Quilt
This quilt will be awesome when I get it done!  It's next on my list for quilting.  I'm hoping to get it pinned in the next few days.  After all I can't make an orange one for me until I finish the first one.

Checked Alphabet Quilt
Last weekend I got the sashing done on this one.  Now I'm pondering the borders.  I've got several different ideas and will have to choose just one before I can move forward.  I really dislike making up my own borders.  I'm not good at figuring out the math.  I have several books but apparently, not the right book.  Yet!
5th Clue for Bonnie Hunter's Mystery Quilt
I have made each of Bonnie Hunter's mystery quilt (tops) for the last four years.  The only one I've quilted and finished is Roll Roll Cotton Bole.  It is one of my favorite quilts.  Maybe this years quilt will get finished too.
Roll Roll Cotton Bole finished in 2011
I'm planning to get some of my tops quilted this coming year!  It's hard to enjoy something you can only see draped over a quilt rack.
Smith Mountain Morning a Bonnie Hunter design
Red, White & Blue Stars
The red, white and blue stars top is done.  And it doesn't look much like that.  It seems that I never posted a picture of the completed top.  As I was going through the old tops the ones I picked out to get to the quilting on are ones for ME.  We'll see how far I get with that.

Have a safe and happy New Year's eve and New Year.

Happy Sewing,

Julie

1 comment:

clarel said...

Good luck with your plans! I have several things I need to get done, so I can plan something new!