Happy to be Scrappy

Happy to be Scrappy

Monday, December 29, 2014

Back to work! It's Monday.  Christmas week is over. I about put the word "finally" in that sentence.  But I realized that I don't really feel that way.  That the week is - finally over.  Yes, no doubt, it was a busy week.  But it was a good week.  I was able to spend a lot of time with family and that was great.  I also got some of my sewing projects done and wrapped in time for Christmas morning.

Bag Front
Bag Back 

Lining and Pocket

This is the bag I made for DIL Victoria. I love the way it turned out.  The daisy pattern is from Esch House Quilts.  It was not too bad for my first bias strip project.  It was more difficult to decide how I wanted to put the bag together.  I didn't have a pattern and was having a hard time remembering how I had made one before.  This time I wrote it down.  The bag measures approx. 16" x 16".  The sides and bottom are 3" wide.

I also made two pairs of pajama pants for DD Jennifer.
Pajama Pants

One pair of the pj's has been done for weeks.  The other was waiting for elastic and hems. It's so easy for me to put that stuff off.  So I did.  Right up until December 23rd.

Another thing I had put off was finishing the binding on my version of the Quiltmaker sew-along quilt.
First Take
I called my version "First Take" since it was a sample I sewed before cutting into the Quiltmaker fabric.  Both quilts turned out great!  This one had been waiting for about 3' of binding to be stitched down since September. 

Those are my finished for December.  I also worked on a couple of other things but I'll save those for another day.

And since this is my blog and I like to go back and read things months and months later, I'll put a couple of pictures of Christmas on here.  That way I can smile over them in July.
Jesse and Allison 
Zach (barely), Jennifer and Grace (handing out presents)
Victoria and I are mom's.  We don't often end up in the pictures.  That's my excuse and I'm sticking with it.

Happy Monday!

Julie

1 comment:

clarel said...

The bag turned out great!! Glad you got done what you wanted to do! It was a great Christmas!!