Happy to be Scrappy

Happy to be Scrappy

Friday, December 19, 2014

It's Friday morning and I finished clue #3 of Bonnie Hunter's mystery quilt  about 9:00 last night. Whew, just in time for clue #4 to be posted today.

Clue #3
I was reading the comments that have been left for Bonnie and I must say some of them shock me.  The audacity of some people - one person asked her to write just the directions and leave out the other stuff.  The other "stuff" is what inspires Bonnie to make the quilt design and choose the colors.  I've found that if I don't want to read all of that I don't have to.  She clearly shows where the directions are.  Anyway, not really my business - but...  It's no wonder that some of these bloggers have little melt downs and tell people what they think. These mystery quilts are a gift. They are patterns that I don't have to pay for.  The payment is having the respect to read some of the fluff that doesn't pertain to me and learning about a place I will probably never see.  If you read that whole paragraph you showed a little patience too. :)

So far, so good with the mystery pattern.  Some sewers are having quite a few problems with size and color placement.  My biggest problem so far is turning my colors around in the first clue.  So now I just have to use those colors all the way through.  We shall see how it works out.  I will say that I make lots of clear, darkly (sharpie) written notes on the directions telling me what color goes where.  Not only did I switch around two of the colors but I started with different choices to begin with.  Yellow is gray and now blue is pink.

Tonight I get to start clue #4. It looks pretty straight forward.  And there are not nearly as many units to sew.  Maybe I can get some of my other sewing done too.  After all Christmas is only a few days away.

TGIF

Julie

1 comment:

clarel said...

You're doing great keeping up with the piecing here at this busy time.