Happy to be Scrappy

Happy to be Scrappy

Monday, July 7, 2014

On the wall today.

I was able to get some time in with my sewing machine over the weekend.  The blocks for the sew-along at Heartspun Quilts were finished and this is how my larger top turned out.
This top measures 21 1/2" without the borders and 29 1/2" with the borders.  I must say it was a little difficult for me to decide to put the borders on here and not just make more of these tops and call them blocks.  Putting those together would make a wonderful quilt.  I'll have to think on it for a while. However, thinking about the 245 pieces that went into making this little jewel may have made that an easier decision for me.
Here is a close up of one corner so the fabrics can be seen a little better.
Hard to tell from this picture that all of those 3" blocks were going to turn into such a great pattern.  Yes, the little blocks also made the same thing.  But far be it from me to figure out why there is not one picture on my camera of that 11" mini quilt.  Maybe tomorrow. For those who may have seen my previous post about this mystery quilt - I did remake the center block for the larger top.  I'm much happier with the darker fabric.  And that blue fabric has some cheddar flowers in it to go with the cheddar center and border.

I'm sharing this today on Judy Laquidara's blog at Patchwork Times.  Be sure to check out all of the terrific design walls that are posted over there.

Have a great Monday.

Julie



3 comments:

Kat Scribner said...

Such a great little quilt. I love it!

Mary said...

I got my Market Day to the Flimsy on Saturday. You made both sizes. WOW those are even tinier blocks. I love Pam's little SAL's. Good Job getting yours quilted. You are ready for the Airing with Pam already.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

That turned out great!