Happy to be Scrappy

Happy to be Scrappy

Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Mini Quilt 11"


This little beauty can be put on the finished list.  Is it terrible of me to get so excited over finishing an 11" quilt?  No, probably not.  Especially since there were so many pieces involved.  I'm glad I made the decision to go with no borders and to hang it on this spice rack.  That's exactly where it belongs.  It couldn't have fit better if I had planned it that way.

A little history on the spice rack and items on the shelf.  My sister Joyce and I were in an antique/collectibles/junk/etc. shop in Lakeside, Arizona one summer and found this spice rack.  That was during the stage that everything that had fruit on it was something I wanted.  Well Joyce being the good sister she is bought this for me and here it is.  The spice cans on the top are ones that my mother gave me.  Yes, they still have some of each of the spices in them.  The little flippable calendar is one just like my grandfather had.  He faithfully changed the date on it everyday.  I soon figured out that I was not going to do that so ended up setting it on my birth date.  The black handled thing laying up there is a magnifying glass. Mother gave it to me and I think I remember her saying it was granddad's.  And there you have it.   Three generations of memories in one small space.

11" Mini Quilt

Just another view without the orange wall behind it.






And last but not least, our little softball players.  They lost in the first game of the tournament but had a good season overall.  So no more evenings sitting on the bleachers this summer.  I'm not really sure that's a bad thing.  I know I'll miss that hour of playing with Allison.  I'll have to figure something else out that the girls and I can do.

Have a great day!

Julie


2 comments:

Jackie's Stitches said...

I always get super excited about completing a mini too. Those little quilts with many pieces take a lot of time and a lot of precision. Yours looks wonderful and I love the spot you chose for it!

Michelle said...

That's so pretty! You have every right to be excited about it. :-)