Happy to be Scrappy

Happy to be Scrappy

Thursday, July 3, 2014

I'm Back

Wow, with as little sewing as I've been getting done there hasn't been much of anything to show on here.

I did start working on some blocks.  Pam Buda at Heartspun Quilts has been doing a sew along.  And I finally started to play along last Saturday.  This is how many of the 10 steps I have done so far.

The larger blocks measure 3 1/2" unfinished and the smaller are 2" unfinished. These will end up making two different mini quilts.  And one of those will really be mini.  I am following the same color scheme that she gives in her patterns.  I just haven't had the mind to go through the thought process of picking out my own colors. But I have tried to use some different fabrics in the two different sizes.  I am not really liking the lighter blue/gold blocks but I'll wait to see how they look in the final layout before remaking them.  One of them may get made again anyway, just so they won't be just alike.

I have been getting some of granddaughter time in.
Allison likes to play with the camera feature on my phone.  This is a selfie she took  at a ballgame the other night.

Last Friday I got to take Grace to her swimming lesson. 
She was bargaining with the instructor about how many times she could jump off the diving board.  He won, that round.  But he didn't win all of them.  Six years old girls can be quite persuasive.
And no, I don't have a picture of her actually diving.  Just the pictures as she is preparing.  I apparently wasn't thinking that sequence all the way through.

Lucky me.  I've been off work since 12:00 and don't have to be back until Monday.  There are too many things on my list that need to be done.  But I'll bet I get the blocks finished for the mini quilts first.

Have a great 4th of July.  We are blessed to live in a country that has so many great things to offer.

Julie

No comments: