Happy to be Scrappy

Happy to be Scrappy

Thursday, April 19, 2012

Scrappy Blocks


This is a block that I made for an internet friend.  I hope it works out for her. It measures 6 1/2" unfinished. If you look in the next picture it is the same pattern as the block in the top row on the right hand side. 

The block pattern was supposed to have just the center pieces measured to be a 6 1/2" block but I cut my pieces too small.  So instead of trashing it or adding it to an orphan block pile I decided to put a little border around it.  It seems to have worked out just fine.  Now if I can just sign my name to it without messing it up.

Here are some more of the blocks for the sew along on Barrister Block . I have done 8 more of the 6 1/2" blocks since I posted on Monday.  They are so much fun to make.  There are just two more to do to be all caught up.  Then what will I do?  The red and green one in the top row is definitely going to go on the back.  It will need to be remade in better colors if it's going to make the cut for the front.  The block on the bottom right is a little dark in the background but there may be more that dark so it might work out just fine.  Time will tell.

Happy Sewing

Julie

No comments: