Happy to be Scrappy

Happy to be Scrappy

Saturday, April 14, 2012

Finally A Finish

This is a project I have been working on for quite some time. I really thought that if I made something small that it would be done quicker.  Nope, I just procrastinated my way through it too. 

I don't really care for the block that is at the back left side. But apparently not enough to make another one.  So that held me up on the finish. 


Then when I started quilting it everything went wrong. So I spent several days ripping all the quilting out.  I ended up just meandering all over it in a neutral thread.  I used an orange color for the binding. I think it will help it stand out from across the room.


This was made to fit the top of this blanket chest. The blanket chest was made by my son Jesse when he was in wood shop in high school.  And oddly enough, it is full of blankets and afghans.


Here is the way it will normally look, covered with the usual bedside fodder.
Those books include my first bible given to me by my parents in 1969. And my newest bible given to me by my daughter Jennifer about 8 years ago.  Also my favorite book that I have read over and over again. Which is To Kill A Mockingbird. That is always my go to book when I've run out of reading material.  The white radio is a weather radio. It usually scares the dickens out of me in the middle of the night.

My table topper ended up measuring 31 1/2" x 20". The blocks are 5" finished.  You can see more about it on a previous post here   and here .  I am happy to finally have finished it and am very pleased with the way it turned out.  Hard to believe that this has been a work in progress since November.

Happy Sewing

Julie

1 comment:

Dar said...

Everything looks lovely and like it was meant to be there. It's a perfect picture. Congrats on the finish.