Happy to be Scrappy

Happy to be Scrappy

Friday, April 27, 2012

A Finished Top


Here is a picture of the finished quilt top.  It measures 46" square. It turned out great.  I'm sure it's easy to see, but I'll point out anyway, how the blocks are laid out in diagonal rows.  No reason why. That was just the way I saw it in my mind. 


This is a close up of the brown selected for the border. It was the first one I eliminated and then of course the one I used.  It just seemed more appropriate for a baby quilt.

Now the choice on how to quilt it and in what color.  My first thought was to just do diagonal criss/crossed lines.  But what color.  White? Brown?  Meander?  This is the part I don't like.

And it sounds like I finished just in time. The weather radio just went off for our area.  And the thunder is booming like crazy.  That means it's time to unplug the sewing machine.  The satellite already went out.  This TV is certainly no help in a storm.  Good thing for the weather radio and the internet. 

Happy sewing,

Julie

No comments: