Happy to be Scrappy

Happy to be Scrappy

Monday, August 30, 2010

Nothing much new today.


I now have a design wall.  I put up a 4' x 8' piece of 2" insulation and covered it with one of my mom's old flannel sheets.  The sheet doesn't fit all the way across but in time I will get it all covered.  For now I'm just happy to have a larger area IN my sewing room to look at my progress.  On the left side are some yellow and white blocks I am trying to work out.  It is an old pattern but couldn't find one the block size I wanted so I am working on getting that figured out.  And below them are the current block of the month blocks from Quilting on the Square in Holton.  Not my favorite colors choices this year but the shop is great and the people who own the shop and the ones who work there make it worth the 50 minute car ride to get the block.

I still have way too many 4" blocks to make on my flower quilt.  But I'll just keep plugging away at it.

I just noticed that there is way too much mess shown in this picture.  A messy quilting area is a busy quilting area.  Sounds good to me.

1 comment:

Charlene S said...

I like that...i will use it the next time my mess shows thru on my photos. I like the flowers too.