Happy to be Scrappy

Happy to be Scrappy

Monday, August 9, 2010

Design Wall Monday August 9, 2010


Sorry, I've done it again. Not posted correctly on Judy's site. I WILL FIGURE THIS OUT! What a way to start a Monday.


Well another Monday is here and I'm exicted to share my latest project. Last Monday I had planned to sandwich and begin quilting on one of my already finished quilt tops. However, a panel I had seen at my local quilt shop turned my attention toward a new project altogether. I bought two of the four panels that were available. Trimmed up they each measure 20"x22". Nothing is set in stone yet but I plan to frame them to measure 24"x28" and then surround them with 4" broken dishes blocks. I am not following a pattern so the final quilt should be a surprise to all of us.

Be sure to see all of the other design walls at Patchwork Times.

10 comments:

Sarah said...

Those flowers are gorgeous!

Vicki H. said...

I love surprises, and I think most of my quilts start that way!! very pretty fabrics.

Quilter Kathy said...

Gorgeous...what vibrant colours!

Diane said...

oh that is going to be a fabulous original quilt!

Beth said...

those are SO pretty! I just love color! Can't wait to see more...

Cathy said...

Wowzers, those are gorgeous flower panels! They'll be fabulous when done, whatever you do with them.

Melinda said...

Beautiful flower panels. I have never seen anything like them. Can't wait to see what you do with them.

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

Those are panels??????? I am in love!
glen

Gari in AL said...

Great idea. Are you going for a wall hanging or a bed quilt?

Julie Kaye from KS said...

Gari to answer your question, I am sure this will end up being queen size. I try to make lap quilts but never can stop at that size. However, it will probably take about 350 broken dishes blocks to make a queen and as of today I only have about 100 so we'll see.