Happy to be Scrappy

Happy to be Scrappy

Thursday, October 2, 2014

Letters "F" and "G"

Yep, that's what I've got to show for a weeks worth of sewing - four letters. 

Love, love, love the checkered fabrics.


Well, I have been making some blocks for a Marcus Fabrics sew-a-long but I haven't taken any pictures.  I have three blocks done and they are revealing the finished quilt tomorrow.  I don't think I'm going to be ready for the setting directions quite yet.


I think what inspired me to start the Marcus sew-a-long was my $5.00 bag of fabric.  That piece of yellow that can be seen in the picture is one of the fabrics I'm using.  There is also a blue just under that yellow piece that I'm using.  It's just too much fun to have new fabric and not play with it.  

My goal this weekend is to find my old sewing machine that is packed away in the garage somewhere.  The last time I saw it the cord wasn't with it.  Who in their right mind would pack a  sewing machine and not put the cord in the same tote????  ME !!!!  I may never find that cord but I do plan to find the machine.  Cords can be replaced.  And maybe, just maybe, my garage will get another hour or two of cleaning while I'm at it. 

Have a great day!

Julie


1 comment:

clarel said...

Okay, you've got me curious. Why do you want the old machine?