Happy to be Scrappy

Happy to be Scrappy

Thursday, October 23, 2014

Some more of my older quilts.

There just hasn't been much time to do any sewing this week so I thought I would post a couple of my old quilts today.

These two quilts I made for my granddaughter Grace.  She is now six and in the first grade.
Angels For Grace
This quilt I call Angels for Grace.  The pattern came from the book Comfort and Joy by Mary Hickey. The book is full of Christmas patterns but I changed all that to make it a baby quilt.  The original patterns has boy angels too, and is done in blues and reds.  The border on mine is one that I added and is not original to the pattern.  This is one of my first applique projects and actually one of my last too.  I had a lot of fun making it but not enough fun to make applique a priority for me.

Bugs in a Snowball
The second baby quilt I made for Grace was all about the fabric.  I found this bug fabric and just had to have it.  The snowball block worked out great for trying to fussy cut the bugs.  I didn't use a pattern for this.  It's just 4 or 4 1/2" snowball blocks and a couple of borders. It just occured to me that both quilts are purple.  (My favorite color.)  It didn't help influence Grace though.  Her favorite color is pink.

Grace Kaye Ann
It wouldn't be a blog post about Grace's quilts without a picture of Grace.

Happy Thursday!

Julie