Happy to be Scrappy

Happy to be Scrappy

Monday, October 13, 2014

This and That

Another busy weekend, but I was able to fit in some sewing.

Saturday morning I worked on my alphabet quilts. And then Sunday they posted the letter "K".  I'll save it for next weekend.  I made the broken dishes block for each of them.  But I'm not really sure that I like the ones I made for either.  The purple may be a little too dark. And the blue may not be what I end up with on the red/white quilt.  We'll see.


I needed to "clean up" my sewing wall so I could fit all of the alphabet blocks on there.  And in order to do that I ended up finishing up these blocks I had started a few months ago.  These were for a leader/ender quilt that Bonnie Hunter got me started on but after I made a few of them I realized they weren't what I wanted so I stopped working on them while they were in different stages of blocks.  I finished up nine of the blocks and I have another 15 or so done.  They are now in my orphan block tote and may make it in to a quilt some day.  Just not a quilt of their own as I don't plan to make any more.  I must really want to get a red/white quilt done.  I seem to be making a lot of blocks using those colors.



Another project I had started were the blocks for the Marcus Friends and Companions Sew-A-Long quilt. This block didn't make the cut.  I tried using navy with the other fabrics and it just didn't work.  So I changed that to red.

This is what I have so far.  It still needs a narrow yellow inner border and then a red outer border.  I love, love, love the yellow setting blocks.  I really stewed over that one.  They were using black and I had only started with a fat quarter of that so I ended up with the yellow and I'm glad I did. The yellow, blueish, and gray fabrics came from my $5.00 bag of fabrics I got a couple of weeks ago.  I will have to do some heavy quilting on this.  For some reason (quilter error) it won't lay flat and right now I'm not going to take it apart and make any changes.

Have a quilty day.  It's raining here in Topeka.  A perfect day to be sewing if it weren't for that pesky thing called work.

Julie




1 comment:

clarel said...

Looks like you got a lot done! Thanks for showing me the mystery you were working on!