Happy to be Scrappy

Happy to be Scrappy

Friday, September 19, 2014

Letters C & D Are Done

Last night when I was making the C and D letters in the red I just couldn't help myself but to start them in another colorway too. Actually, I've had it planned all along.  Sometime yesterday while working diligently I remembered this silly checkered fabric I have in my stash. So that fabric along with some Kona snow and I'll have another alphabet quilt.  Again, this pattern comes from The Temecula Quilt Company. 



Scrappy Red
Checkered Version
The checkered fabric came from the Kansas Capital Quilters Guild quilt show a few years ago.  My name was drawn and I got to pick from the prizes on the table.  This fabric was a sample package attached to cardboard.  I've long since thrown that piece of cardboard away so I have no idea what line it might be from.  I think there are eight different fabrics and some of the pieces are quite small so there will be repeats but who cares?  It will make a fun and bright little quilt.

By the way the Kansas Capital Quilters Guild quilt show is this weekend.  If you click on this link or the one above it will take you to a page that gives the details.  I'm sorry to say I won't be able to make it this year.  It's always a good show. 

Tomorrow I'll be spending time with the girls.  Their mom and dad are doing some volunteer work with their church so Grandma get the girls.  Grace has volleyball practice at 9:30 so Allison and I can spend some time playing while Grace is busy.  After that who knows.  I was thinking the zoo but they keep saying rain for Topeka so that may not work.  I know I need to download some pictures on this computer of the girls.  How else am I to post pictures of them. 

My quilt came back from Quiltmaker yesterday.  So I guess it's officially mine now.  It was fun while it lasted.

Happy quilting,

Julie

1 comment:

clarel said...

Hope your next adventure is as much fun!! Love your letters!