Happy to be Scrappy

Happy to be Scrappy

Friday, September 12, 2014

Busy Week

It has been a busy week at work.  That means I've not done any sewing to speak of.  I have been cleaning out some of the flotsam in my quilting room trying to find all of the scraps of paper I may or may not have drawn and or written on for the quilt I'm submitting to Quiltmaker.  Since I am usually a fly by the seat of my pants quilter sometimes I don't write much down.  Luckily for me the focus block of this quilt took a little figuring out.  So I have found some notes.  I have decided to take some time this weekend and make another of the blocks to see if the notes actually were what I ended up with.  I'm sure other people do this too but I wish I'd get better at keeping a history of my progress.

Tomorrow is one of our sew days.  I'll be taking the Churn Dash blocks to work on.
6" and 3" Churn Dash blocks
There has been a little progress made with these since I started using them as my leader/enders.  I probably have around 25 of the 3" blocks made.  Yep, that's too many for my original thinking on this project for pillow covers.  No, I haven't decided if I'm going bigger with it or not.  We shall see.

I'm also going to take my version of Hip-Hopscotch which I called First Take.   It still needs the binding put on. That shouldn't take me very long to sew on and then I'll have some handwork to do. 
First Take

My plan is to take a couple of pans of cinnamon rolls with me.  I'll need to get busy on those tonight if I'm going to take them.

Other than sew day on Saturday and work on Sunday my weekend looks to be pretty uneventful. 

Happy sewing,

Julie

 

2 comments:

clarel said...

Cinnamon rolls sound so good!

Sue Daurio said...

Love those churn dash blocks. I find I write a lot of the details on my blog, so that's actually a good place to go for the little things I forget. You're making me so hungry with talk of cinnamon rolls. Oh my mom use to make them from scratch, yummy!!