Happy to be Scrappy

Happy to be Scrappy

Thursday, February 27, 2014

Too Many Quilts to Quilt

Last night I took the unquilted tops off of the quilt rack in my living room.  Every once in a while I like to move a different one to the front.  And this was the time to change from Christmassy to something else.  The problem is they are still on my couch.  They need to be moved back to the rack but I'm trying to get inspired.  And this is not the first time I have laid them out looking for some inspiration.  However, there are now more than there were before.
There are six tops laying there that need quilted.  (In my defense, I can count. The one with white squares laying over the end under the yellow and black is an actual finished quilt.) And there are more in the sewing room.  One of these days I'm actually going to have to figure out how many there really are.  I'm afraid it will shock me.  And I don't know how many tops are just on the fringe of being done.  I used to be so proud of not having unfinished quilt projects. Phooey.  That's obviously not the case anymore.  And at least two of them have been given as gifts with the promise that they will someday be an actual quilt.

Maybe someday they will all be real quilts.  Someday.  Oh, by the way, there are still three more tops on the quilt rack.

Julie



No comments: