Happy to be Scrappy

Happy to be Scrappy

Monday, February 17, 2014

This is going to be a valentine for me.  I like making things from little blocks so this is right up my alley. This is a free pattern from the Temecula Quilt Company  and can be found on their blog by using the link.
At this point it measures approximately 19" wide.  The heart blocks measure 5" square.  And start from 1 1/4" squares.  I'll need 44 heart blocks for the border.
This has been very easy to put together.  I've just been using my 2" and 3 1/2" pre-cut strips to cut the little squares and rectangles from.  So there hasn't been any real cutting until I got to the setting squares and triangles.  The side triangles called for a 7 1/2" square cut on the diagonal and that was the most cutting I've done.

Have a great day.

Julie

No comments: