Happy to be Scrappy

Happy to be Scrappy

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Having Fun

Last night I finished up the 128 triangle string blocks I needed for the Orca Bay mystery quilt.  These were a lot of fun to make. I enjoyed working with the yellows and oranges.  And they were just the right size.  Not as large as the string blocks we made last year for Roll Roll Cotton Boll and 2" larger than the itty bitty 3 /12" string blocks needed for Part 2 of Orca Bay.  Now I'm ready for Part 5.  Bring on Friday.


Since part 4 is ready to go that left me to work on another project. So when I got home from work today I made three more of these blocks that will finish at 5".  These three give me a total of 15 blocks.

The top of the blanket chest that these are being made for measures
25" x 37". So as of right now I am figuring to set these in a three by five setting with something for sashing and a narrow scrappy border.  Tomorrow I'll start messing with some scraps to figure out the sashing.  Right now I'm thinking a four patch where the sashings meet.  Be sure to click on the picture so you can get a larger view of the blocks.  I'm not sure how that black one is going to fit in with all the rest.  But since the whole thing is scrappy it will probably just blend in.  I used the brown with it to tone down that deep purple and the black.  I'm not really sure that helped.

Have fun sewing,

Julie 

2 comments:

Sharon said...

Thanks for entering the giveaway. Best of luck!

Candace said...

Beautiful colors and blocks. You finished before I did. I didn't finish step 4 until Thursday night, and still haven't started step 5.