Happy to be Scrappy

Happy to be Scrappy

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Progress

Finally a little progress on the red/white/blue 4 patch quilt.  Here is what was laid out as of 4:00 today.  This WAS my dining room.  I tried laying this out in the living room and it was a no go.  With the blocks laid side by side it measures right at 106" and that was not going to leave me any room to get around.  Therefore, the move to the the dining room.  However, most of the chairs are in the living room, so at least I get more choices of where to sit and rest between bending over to lay out blocks.

Here it is as of 6:30.  Half of the blocks are laid out and I have started sewing two of the rows together.  I decided to sew them in blocks of four to make it more manageable.  If you click on the picture you can get a better idea of my plan.  You can also see how I made use of the table feet to  gain some more room.  There is absolutely no way I can lay this whole thing out with the area I have.  So with a lot of hope and some prayer this will go together the way it's supposed to.
I am excited to be getting something done on this instead of just making four patches.  I love the way it looks laid out even with only half of it down.  The yellow room dulls the colors, but trust me, it is bright.

No comments: