Happy to be Scrappy

Happy to be Scrappy

Thursday, May 8, 2014

Shakespeare in the Park

Well here is my finished version of Shakespeare in the Park.  If nothing else I have learned how to spell William Shakespeare's name without looking it up.  If there is a story behind the name I haven't run across it. 
On Saturday I started with just one corner of it being put together.
By Sunday evening I had the whole top together.
I am happy with the way it turned out. Even though this picture does not do it justice. For one thing this picture does not show any of the border. Apparently, I need to take a few more pictures.  This is one quilt where I didn't make any changes to the pattern.  Unless, you count the method I used to cut it out. And yes, my method was much easier.  It is larger than I was hoping for. I was wanting this to be a throw quilt. So why when I read the measurements it didn't seem this big I don't know.  It's not quite wide enough for my queen size bed. But it certainly is long enough.  This is going into the "needs to be quilted" pile.  There are a few other quilts I need to get to first.

Happy sewing,



Vivian said...

Congrats on getting this one to the TBQ pile, it's a real beauty even without seeing the border!

This definitely one of my "One Day" projects. Looking at yours, I think I need to start by deciding on a color, maybe then I can make it a scrappy block-at-a-time project and actually get to it.

junacreationsuk.blogspot.co.uk said...

That is stunning!