Happy to be Scrappy

Happy to be Scrappy

Tuesday, October 8, 2013

I had a busy weekend. Too many things to do and of course like everyone else, not enough time to get it all done.

My Saturday started with the usual laundry.  In the midst of that I decided to wash some old gently used coats to be donated.  Mistake.



The coat looked like it was still in good condition but apparently the fabric was not.  The blue is a coating on the fabric that disintegrated in my machine.   I started wiping all of it out and then I had the bright idea to let it dry and vacuum it out.  Mistake.  After it dried some of it stuck and had to be scraped out.  And I'm just sure all of those little holes in the washer are still full of it.  Anyway, this resulted in me throwing away not one but two coats, two long sleeve shirts and a pair of gloves (that I was happy to find in the pocket of a coat).  There was no way I was going to run those back through my washer.  I'm still afraid that I'll be walking around with blue specks stuck to me.  Hope not!

My day eventually got better.



Jennifer had brought me her orange fabrics. So I did take the time to cut these into strips for my orange blocks.  But that was as far as I got.  Not a stitch was sewn.


Grace is second from right, in the blue shirt.

No sewing, because it was time to leave for the parade.  This was the first one that Grace was in.  The first of many I'm sure.  This was the church float for the Awana participants.

Victoria and little A at candy level




Aunt Jennifer and Allison
Allison loved the parade.  Lots and lots of people watching to be done.  She jumped out of her skin when the fire trucks were loud but she never acted like it bothered her much. 

After the parade Jennifer and I had some mother/daughter time, which I needed.  And then my day was done.

I sure hope this Saturday is not as full.  I'll be more careful how I start my day.  Maybe not do any laundry at all.  Ha.

Happy sewing,

Julie

No comments: