Happy to be Scrappy

Happy to be Scrappy

Monday, October 28, 2013

Busy Weekend

I was able to get a little sewing done on Saturday morning.  But I actually did more unsewing and resewing then anything else.

One of the bad things about making string blocks is the waste.  And I do not like throwing away fabric. So I tend to try to use as little fabric as possible.  And that can lead to some not so great blocks.

Yes, it looks pretty good.  But lurking up there at the top are several areas that are not going to make it into the quilt.

How in the world did I ever let those short areas get by me the first time.  I have now ripped out and resewn several blocks that needed it.  So instead of making lots of progress I made up for my mistakes.

Done.  Now hopefully I've learned a lesson and will not be so skimpy with all of the rest.  And there are still plenty more to make.

After sewing in the morning came a trip to the pumpkin patch.  It was a beautiful afternoon to spend outside.  Those three kids had a great time and I'm pretty sure the three adults did too.  This one did.

About half of our time was spent wandering around in the 8 acre corn maze.  The first (easy) half we made it through without a problem.  The second half didn't have the same results.  We ended up being led out by a nice employee whose job it was to lead out the lost.  After an hour we figured we'd been lost long enough.  But I'd do it again.

This is not the best picture.  But it is the most accurate.  After a long afternoon playing they were all still ready to go and were having a hard time sitting still long enough for a picture.

Sunday was another busy day.  After I got off work we went to downtown Burlingame for the annual Trunk or Treat.  Grace is a good witch and little A is a monkey.  This was the only time we could get those two to sit in the wagon.  That was just too confining for them.  At least it worked for Allison.

And yes, today I am tired.

Happy Sewing,

Julie






No comments: