Happy to be Scrappy

Happy to be Scrappy

Monday, May 6, 2013

Well, the center of my nine patch quilt is done.  I've been having trouble making a decision about what border I want to put on it.  So I decided to make some blocks, take a couple of pictures and see if that helped.  It did.


Since this quilt is designed around my leader/ender nine patches I was leaning toward putting the nine patches around as a border.  Ignoring the star in the corner this was one of my ideas.  It actually looked better in person than in the picture. But to end up with a queen size quilt was going to take almost 2,000 squares.  I really would have done that if it would have been what I thought looked the best.  Thank goodness it wasn't.


This is what I am going to use. It will take 52 Ohio Star blocks for this border.  As of today I have 20 finished.  I do plan to make more with orange fabrics for the background.  I chose the Ohio star because without the sashing the blocks in the quilt are Ohio stars.  Now if I could just quit making nine patches.  It is very hard for me to make anything anymore without using a leader/ender and since I haven't come up with my next plan I'm still making nine patches.  Guess what will probably go on the back of this quilt:)

Well, those twenty Ohio stars were my weekend in a nutshell. One more weekend like that and I'll have this top done.  Then I can add it to the "needs to be quilted" stack.

Happy sewing,

Julie

 

No comments: