Happy to be Scrappy

Happy to be Scrappy

Friday, May 24, 2013

I'm happy to say that with everything else that has been going on I have still been able to finish my leader/ender 9 patch top.  And I couldn't be happier with the results.


This is a picture of the 52 Ohio star blocks before they became a border.  I just wanted to lay them out to see it this would be something I'd want to do next.  It's not. 




These are both terrible pictures.  And I couldn't decide which was the better of the two so that left me no alternative but to post both of them.  Be sure to click on the pictures to get a larger view.   I love the way this quilt turned out.  If I started over again I don't think I would change a thing.  This has not been measured yet but is around 86" so will fit on MY queen size bed.  Instead of stewing over it, I've just decided that I'll do yet another quilt with just an all over meandering for the quilting.  That way maybe I'll get this one done.  The quilt rack for unquilted tops is to the point of overflowing. I'm afraid one of these days it will just fall over. So the last thing I need to do is add another top.

Keep my mom in your prayers.  Last Thursday the 16th she fell and broke her right hip.  She has had surgery and is now in Kansas Rehab for a few weeks.  I'm happy to say she is doing much better and is in good spirits.

While at the hospital I actually started working on some hexies.  I really don't expect that project to get very far. But you never know.

I've certainly got a lot of yard work to get to.  Thanks to my sister Joyce for doing Mom's yard.  Just wish she had time and inclination for mine.

Happy sewing,

Julie

 

3 comments:

Vicki W said...

The quilt is awesome! I agree with you about the quilting. Sometimes done is best. Good luck to your Mom for a quick recovery.

Becky said...

Love the quilt! Way to go to actually finish it! I hope your mom does well. They get them up and going so fast now that they don't lose much strength and such. I hope she is back in the swing of things soon.

Sue Daurio said...

Hope you mom has a speedy recovery. What a wonderful quilt!! The overall meandering is just perfect for this beauty.