Happy to be Scrappy

Happy to be Scrappy

Monday, August 13, 2012

Design Wall Monday

First of all I'd like to thank everyone who commented on my last post.  I would love to respond to each of you but I still can't figure out how to change my blog settings to let me see your email addresses.  This is my fault for not having my settings right.  If anyone can share how to fix this I would appreciate it.  Blogger tells me that the "default mail client is not properly installed".  So I will again love your comments but if I don't respond now you'll know why.


Once again I am working on my bow tie blocks.  The 12" blocks are all finished and I am mulling over yet another layout.

                                            
                                                  On Point

This layout is having the blocks set on point and creating another block to fill in the side triangle areas.  I thought this was the one I was going with since I already gave it a name (as yet to be mentioned)  but when I went to make the small triangle setting blocks it didn't look the way I wanted it to.  I made a couple of string blocks and cut them apart for the triangles.  If they had been in a larger area it would have been great but as they were a 5 1/2" block cut into four sections they were just too small and unnoticeable. 


This picture shows it with the string setting triangles.  I could also use plain setting triangles from the dark quilt fabrics?  But they also would be the same size and quite small for the size of the quilt.

This post shows the other setting options .   So after messing with the setting triangles I am leaning toward the barn raising option??????  Too many choices and I've just given myself three of the enormous options available. 

Happy Quilting

Julie


2 comments:

Quilter Kathy said...

I love the barn raising setting!

Cathy Tomm said...

Yes the barn raising you showed last week. Not you have two Cathy's saying Barn raising.