Happy to be Scrappy

Happy to be Scrappy

Sunday, July 29, 2012

The Monkey Is Done



For some reason I rarely post a finished quilt.  Okay, maybe it is because I rarely finish one.  I make a lot of tops but quilt very few.  This one being a gift for great-nephew Leland Daniel and being crib sized made it much easier to make it to the finished stage.  Be sure to click on the picture so you get a larger view.  I love the way it turned out. Even the quilting part went just fine.




I'm now up to eight complete bow tie blocks. I keep telling myself that I have to make more bow ties than blocks.  Since there are still so many to be made...down to about 350 now.  Of course, since the bags of counted blocks have all been opened I'll have to keep track of the new count and pretty soon sort and count again.  But they actually make a pretty good leader/ender project for themselves.

Happy sewing,

Julie

1 comment:

Kathleen said...

I love that Monkey quilt. Which issue of Quiltmaker was it in?