Happy to be Scrappy

Happy to be Scrappy

Friday, July 27, 2012

Bow Ties

I, of course, joined the Bow Tie block challenge that Bonnie Hunter sent out.  But I must say - I'M SICK OF BOW TIES.  It would help if I would go back to using them as leader/enders.  But for the last two weeks they are all I have been working on. And I haven't been working on them much.  There are over 500 made. I'm pretty sure that it will take nine hundred to make a queen size quilt out of the 3" blocks.  So the fact that I am just over half way does not make me a happy camper.


This is my drawer of blocks.  They are packaged 50 blocks to a bag. 


These are the stacks that are cut into sets.  I'll need more neutrals before I can make much more progress.


And here are my first four 12" blocks.  I finally broke down and started to put together some of the blocks.  Otherwise I was going to put that drawer full of blocks back into its place, close it, and call it a day.  It takes 16 of the bow ties to make one 12" block.  That should help put it into perspective.  I haven't decided on a layout yet. I've looked at several different layouts and will make a decision after I've made a few more blocks.

Happy sewing,

Julie

No comments: