Happy to be Scrappy

Happy to be Scrappy

Monday, November 7, 2011

Nothing Much Done

I just have not done much in the way of sewing for the last two weeks.  I started on the cardinal runner at least two weeks ago.  And this is all the farther it is.
I made three other blocks trying to get something to go on either side of the cardinals. None of them worked for me though. I think the tree will work but still need something else for the other side.

And as can be seen, I did get my b.o.m. done for Holton. And I don't even need it for another week or two. I am usually working on blocks the night before or even the morning of needing them. So I have accomplished something.

This is where I was trying to stretch my red and green fabrics to make a back for my Smith Mountain Morning.  That did not work.  I was trying to use the blocks that were made for the cardinal runner. (Those three blocks can be seen blending in with the SMM top.)  I just could not get that piece of green to be large enough. So that is now all folded up and put away. And no I still don't like those blocks for the cardinal runner. They don't have enough color and it just makes it too long.  I do have another piece of material (11 yards) that will obviously be large enough to cover the back. It was just something that I did not want to use.
If I sound whiny, I am. After all, it is Monday.

Julie

1 comment:

Vicki H. said...

I had that kind of week last week. Nothing was working out, blocks were not coming together, fabric a bit short..... ahhh but tomorrow is Tuesday!