Happy to be Scrappy

Happy to be Scrappy

Monday, September 12, 2011

Pressing and Cutting, Pressing and Cutting

Can you tell what color my next quilt will be? 

These are some of the materials I will be using at the workshop with Bonnie Hunter that is in Holton on Thursday. I was reading through the pattern this morning and just starting thinking that I was going to spend all my time pressing and cutting instead of sewing blocks.  I know that it is a workshop to learn a method and I intend to listen and learn but I also plan to be ready.  So after work today I am going to be pre-cutting some of the strips for the quilt.  I won't cut it all out.  After all I need to have something left so I can follow the directions.

So if you need to find me I will be in my sewing room pressing and cutting for what looks like hours and hours.  No doubt enjoying every minute of it.

Julie

1 comment:

Judy D in WA said...

I'm a bit envious of you right now. I would love to take a workshop with Bonnie! I see a Christmas quilt in the works........or do I???
Which workshop is this one? Have a blast! Get lots done. :)