Happy to be Scrappy

Happy to be Scrappy

Saturday, September 24, 2011

A Good Day

Today I feel so blessed. Tired but blessed.  This morning I was at granddaughter Grace's soccer game in Topeka by 8:15. At three she is still unsure of what soccer is let alone whether or not she really wants to chase that ball around or just play with her friend Lucy.  Either way, she is just adorable and a pleasure to be with.
After hitting the grocery store to stock up on everything. I took a much needed and deserved nap.  Followed by an afternoon of my favorite pastime, sewing. 
This is what I have up on the wall so far.  It is starting to coming together. I feel like I'm making a lot of progress on it. I have been trying to decide if I want it to be predominately red or green. And after looking at this picture I'm leaning toward red.  We'll see.

This evening mom and I headed to the lake to spend the evening with son Jesse, Victoria and Grace.  Sister Joyce and Bill were there to share in the fun too.  What a great time.  We roasted hot dogs followed by marshmallows.  We all ate way more than we needed too and just generally had a great time.
Victoria and Mom
Grace and I taking apart and blowing Cattail fluff.

Well, now the decision, what will end the day?  TV, Sewing, Bed?  I won't figure that out til I'm off of here. Night all.

Julie

No comments: