Happy to be Scrappy

Happy to be Scrappy

Sunday, August 21, 2011

Procrastination

Okay, this morning I am just full of other things I want to be doing besides what really needs done.  I have spent an hour sewing. Cleaned the kitchen and done two loads of laundry.  Oh, and wasted time writing this post.  So now I should to get to the real needs of my day.

Thursday night an awesome wind blew through and did some horrific damage to my yard.  I call it an awesome wind because I could hear it rolling in.  Looking back on it I should have headed to the basement. It was that apparent that it was going to be a big blow.  And what I thought was patio furniture taking a tumble must have actually been my huge old trees taking a break from their lofty heights.
This is a red bud tree that is broke in half and of course it is way over our heads.  But as can be seen it is just laying up there side ways and will need to come down.  And it seems we will just take the one next to it too.

Luckily this big branch broke off nicely at the top and just needs to be pulled down, cut up and cleaned up.  The tree should live.
This big old Walnut tree was kind enough to lay itself down across my chain link fence. And to say it has caused us problems is an understatement. 

This is how far we got.  Four hours and still can't get that largest branch to break loose and to top it all off there is another broken branch way up on the left and not much left to the tree once it all comes off.                 
So after some consideration and frustration it has been decided that the entire tree must come down.  Okay, it made me mad and I'm ready to make kindling out of it.  We had an offer we couldn't refuse.  BIL Bill is willing to come help with the removal in a few days.  His help in this will be terrific.  As you can see there is a metal building behind the tree and I am standing in between my house and the tree to take a picture.  So there is some risk involved.  But as long as I close my eyes when they make the final cut everything should turn out okay.  And if not - that is what homeowners insurance is all about.  Right?

Hope everyone has a lovely day.  I know I am going to.  I plan to spend the rest of it outside with my family.  Yes, we will be working like crazy but it can be great fun to have a common goal. 



No comments: