Happy to be Scrappy

Happy to be Scrappy

Tuesday, July 25, 2017

Yes, somewhere along the way I have been doing some sewing that didn't involve rows for quilt guild.  These blocks are my version of a Semi-Mystery quilt published by ThimbleCreek Quilts.
Aren't they pretty?



I almost always work with scrappy neutrals but when I started these blocks with all the same background I fell in love.  So much so, that I've actually started another quilt with all the same background.  It's my current leader/ender.

As of now, these blocks have all been sewn together and the first two borders have been added.  I'm working on the piecing of the third and final border.  I'm hoping to get it put on next weekend.
ThimbleCreek just started another Semi-Mystery sew along.  A new clue comes out every two weeks.  You do have to be signed up for their free newsletter, which can be done by following the link to their website.  They only provide the clues free for two weeks and after that they have to be purchased.  Hope this inspires someone to join along.

Happy quilting,

Julie

No comments: