Happy to be Scrappy

Happy to be Scrappy

Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Check out this months row for quilt guild.  My row is the bottom row of flowers.  They are blocks from Lori Holt's book Farm Girl Vintage.  That seems to be my go to book to find something to make for these row quilts.


I'm not really sure that all of these rows fit together on this one.  Individually they are all great,  together, I'm not so sure.  Once a few more rows are made it will probably all work out just fine.


This time I didn't lay all of the rows out in the order they were made in.  I wanted the row my sister made right above mine, so it is.  Isn't her row terrific with the dog and cat.  I'm already going to borrow her pinwheel flower pattern for my house quilt shown below.  One of the houses has an appliqued flower.  Phooey - that pinwheel will work just fine instead.


And that brings me ONE of the other projects I'm working on.  In 2016 Moda did a free block of the week called Be My Neighbor.  I decided to make it in red,white and blue (with a little pink and black).  I'm not sure how much I'm going to like it when it's done but I'm having fun making it.  Most of these blocks are around 16" or 18".  I haven't worked with pieces that big in I don't know when.  Almost everything I make anymore is little pieces.

Have a great rest of the week.

Julie

No comments: