Happy to be Scrappy

Happy to be Scrappy

Friday, August 15, 2014

Spoiler Alert

Okay maybe not a spoiler.  But it is a picture that has to do with my Quiltmaker quilt.  On July 29th I got the box of fabric from Quiltmaker and on Tuesday August 12th it was finished.  I never in my wildest dreams thought I could start and finish a quilt in two weeks time.  It is a very simple quilt.  And of course, it's not very large.  But it's a quilt.  And it's done.  At least I thought it was done when I brought it in to work to get it ready to ship to Colorado.  The quilt was in the box and I all but had the box taped up when it occurred to me that I had not clipped my threads.

So I sat at my desk running my hands back and forth over the quilt to find, hopefully, all of the thread tails from the quilting.  Yes, blue thread.  Is the quilt blue?  Perhaps.  And perhaps not.  What the quilt is is done!  And shipped off to Quiltmaker.  Quiltmaker will be showing all eight of the quilts the week of September 8th on their Quilty Pleasures blog.  This has been a fun process. I challenged myself to apply to do it.  Then I learned how to use the quilting patterns they wanted (my version),  I finished in the allotted time, and I'm proud of the quilt I made.

Have a great weekend!

Julie

No comments: