Happy to be Scrappy

Happy to be Scrappy

Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Plodding Along

There are no pretty pictures to be shown today. If I had been thinking about it I would have taken a picture of the 3" churn dash blocks I've been making as leader/enders.  I'm pretty sure I have way more than enough for the pillow cover I'm making and then some.

I got my fabric for the Back To School quilt last Tuesday.  By Thursday night I had the top done.  It's not a very big quilt. Friday night I made the backing and got it pinned.  Then on Saturday I headed to Great Plains Quilt shop in Burlingame.  I wanted Kathy Smith to help me choose thread for the quilt.  As always she had just what I needed.  She always has some great suggestions to make things go smoother than I would have thought.  Anyway, I have the majority of the "easy" quilting done.  Then it will be on to some free motion patterns that I haven't done yet.  I have been practicing on paper.  And of course, I'll do some practicing on fabric.  But eventually I'll have to actually put it into action on the quilt. 

I have been taking pictures as I've gone along with the process.  So I'm sure I'll do another post telling of the progress and include the pictures.  The group of eight that are making the quilts and a few ladies from Quiltmaker have a private Facebook page that we have all been posting to.  I've been able to see most of the fabrics.  There is quite a variety.  I did see today that one of the sewers is having a long arm quilter do her quilting.  That would be nice.  Certainly, would be less stress.





Happy sewing,

Julie

2 comments:

clarel said...

But, surely that won't be legal.

Julie Kaye from KS said...

I'm sure it's fine. There is nothing legal or not legal about it. Just as long as the quilt is made with the pattern design they provided.