Happy to be Scrappy

Happy to be Scrappy

Thursday, July 25, 2013

Superman

Thank goodness I have a son who is Superman.  He seems to be capable of tackling any challenge. For the last two weeks my fancy refrigerator has had an error message on the display. When I looked up the message it said that the fridge was not able to do its auto defrost function. So I watched a few YouTube videos and read a few things about it and did what I could.  Mainly unplugging it for several hours so it could manually defrost.  Nope.  No help. The freezer is frozen but the fridge has no cold air.  And yes, that's exactly what I read would happen.  So I emailed Jesse for help. He watched a few YouTube videos and read a few things about it and came over to tear the fridge apart.  The freezer drawer cover is in the hall in front of the sewing room door.  (oh, no)  There are parts all over the kitchen.  But he will either fix it or it will go to fridge heaven.  Today the parts have been ordered and hope is in the air that all will be okay. 

Now to suffer through another day or two of peanut butter and honey sandwiches.  Who knew that virtually everything is made/cooked with something from the refrigerator.  No eggs, milk, butter, cheese, salsa.  I think the salsa is the one that I am missing the most.

The binding is done on the nine patch.  So it is finished!  When I made the label I had to come up with a name so I named it "Nines Aplenty".

No finished pictures of the quilt. Last night I was too busy with the fridge and the grand kids who came over with their mom and dad.

So hopefully within the next day or two I can have refrigerated food again.  And well, if that doesn't work I will be on to the next plan with it.

Happy sewing,

Julie

No comments: