Happy to be Scrappy

Happy to be Scrappy

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Blessed? You betcha!

I had my weekend planned out.  Sewing all day Saturday and Sunday.  Then a full design wall to show off on Monday.  The best laid plans.

This is my Saturday morning design wall.  All lined up and ready for more.



And there are more, just no picture yet.  These blocks are each 6".  Saturday I was able to get about 10 more of these done.  And then I wanted to play with them in a larger size.  So I have several done that are 10".  I will post pictures later.

On Sunday morning I sewed for several hours then headed out for a day with my sister Joyce.  We were just about to our destination when my son Jesse called.  He was taking my DIL Victoria to the emergency room and could I please come get the 3 kids from him.  I was 45 minutes away so I called DD Jennifer who ran to the rescue.  To make a long story short.

Their family of five had been at church when Victoria started to hemorrhage 8 weeks after giving birth.  Before the day was over Victoria's heart stopped and she was resuscitated by a nurse named Dallas.  (Thank you Dallas!)  Several hours later she was given a blood transfusion and she is now at home on bed rest and well on her way to a complete recovery.

I guess what I'm really trying to say is...you really never know what your day might bring.  I don't know why we have to go through all the trials that we do.  But I do know that God works for us.  First of all they were at church.  So she had her entire church praying for her recovery.  Jesse was sitting right next to her when her heart stopped and a big male nurse (yes, a female could have done it too) was right there to perform CPR.  And they had family to step in and take care of the 3 kids.

And this is who I have today. 

                                                                         Easter 2013

Count your blessings.  Because even when you're having a bad day there are still things to feel blessed about.

Happy sewing,

Julie

No comments: