Happy to be Scrappy

Happy to be Scrappy

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

More Blocks

I do have a few more blocks done for the Mario Bros. quilt.  These blocks only measure 18" each.  The previous blocks were 27" each.  Hopefully my layout design will work.  It works on paper.  But I'm still a long way from that.


This block is a cloud.  Yes, it is.  I think maybe the gray is a little dark.  At least it doesn't look like a tooth.  Which is what the pattern looks like.


I think this one is called a Mushroom Head.  There will be one of these in green too. 


The question mark.  I really like the depth this one has.  Wonder if in the game it is in any other colors? 

I did the other large (27") Mario/Luigi. It is done in green.  But is literally pinned under these other blocks.  And will eventually get it's day in the lime light.




While I've been working on the Mario blocks I've also been doing the new Bonnie Hunter mystery Clue #1. It is pretty easy, which is nice, since I have so much else to do.  I had been using the mystery blocks as my leader/enders for the other blocks but figured out that I can use the light blue pieces as my leader/enders and get more done at once for the Mario quilt.  Confusing unless you're the one doing the sewing.

Happy sewing,

Julie

 

No comments: