Happy to be Scrappy

Happy to be Scrappy

Saturday, February 19, 2011

Birthday Postcard

Here is this years postcard for Grace.  No I still don't do applique very well, and no I have not read any posts about how to make these.  But for some reason for her 1st birthday I made her a fabric postcard and here she is already three.  And so far I have made three.  Guess I'll have to see when she is 15 if she is still getting postcards from her grandma.  And what to do when there are more grandkids? 














 
These postcards are like the Christmas stockings - everytime there is a new addition to the family I have to make a new stocking.  The first stockings were made by Jesse and Jennifer's great granny.  And for some silly reason I thought everyone should get one.  Maybe it is time for the tradition to pass to the next generation.  Jennifer or Victoria are you ready to learn about making granny's stockings?  Hopefully it won't have to pass a generation like it did with me.  If so, I figure there is only 7 or 8 years until Grace is ready to pick up the needle and thread and stitch one up.


A year from now I will be trying to figure out what picture to sew on Grace's postcard. Trying to come up with something clever to say on the back.  And thinking about the first three postcards and the ones yet to come.
 
                                                            HAPPY BIRTHDAY GRACE.

No comments: