Happy to be Scrappy

Happy to be Scrappy

Tuesday, October 3, 2017

No, I didn't forget.  It just seems like I've been too busy to even think about writing a post.  Right now I should be working but it is time for me to take a well deserved break. I'll have to get back at it again pretty soon though.


The top row is the original row, my sisters is the one that can barely be seen on the right side.  The bottom row is what I did for the September guild meeting.  The two blocks came from Lori Holt's  new book Spelling Bee.  I have been making plans and a lot of notes in that book since it came in the mail a few weeks ago.  After all,  Allison is going to need her own "I Am"  quilt.  It can't be just like the one I made for Grace but it will have a similar theme I'm sure.  Allison told me the other day her favorite color is black.  For a four year old to have black as a favorite color seems a bit unusual to me.  But that's our Allison - she is like no other child I know.

One of these days I'm going to post the before and after pictures of my quilt room.  It has been such an unbearable mess for the longest time.  I'm finally making myself spend some time cleaning, putting away, donating, and throwing stuff out.  I'm down to organizing the fabric.  Goodness knows, that's going to take some time.

Well, before the day gets away from me I better get busy.

Happy sewing,
Julie

No comments: