Happy to be Scrappy

Happy to be Scrappy

Friday, August 25, 2017

Eclipse Day

It is unreal that August is almost over. My September is going to be extremely busy at work so I'm not looking forward to September getting here any sooner than it has to.  Oh, well.

This is the row I worked with this month.  The log cabins are the original, the second row is my sister Cathy's (she always comes up with something great), and the bottom row is what I made.   The pile on the left are the other rows that go with these.  There just isn't room to spread them all out.  That, and I was running very far behind in getting this months done so I was just grateful I had something to take a picture of.


My family was one that was excited about seeing the eclipse.  Since we were so close to the area that would be able to see the total eclipse that was where we headed.


We ended up in Fairview Kansas.  A small town about an hour and twenty minutes from Burlingame.  We were at a park with restrooms (thank goodness) and a playground for the kids.  It was a wonderful day except for the clouds.  Oh, and the rain.  We were able to see the full eclipse, it was visible in between the clouds every once in a while.  And it definitely got dark.  All in all, it was a great experience and a great day.  I'm so glad I didn't miss it.

Allison August 21, 2017 Fairview, KS Solar Eclipse day.

Another thing we didn't miss was the traffic going home.  The hour and twenty minute trip to Fairview ended up taking several hours back home.  The first 11 miles took over an hour.  It was bumper to bumper for miles and miles.  Luckily, Allison slept so she didn't get too bored with all of it.  And we adults just talked about what a great day it was.

Merging on to Highway 75.  Don't tell Joyce I took her picture.
Happy sewing,

Julie

No comments: